Spice World

The pursuit of a perfect life...

Friday, June 10, 2011

Trees and other poses

Feelings are good today. Woke up around 6ish and for a split second thought about rolling over for one more hour of sleep but two things weren't letting me, the strong urge to pee and the fact it was a weight-lifting/cardio do for me. Given last night's food sins the gym won out. The gym is actually a decent place to go every day, once I get over the initial dread and sweat.. It's taken me a while to realize, but gym time is me-time. I don't have to worry about feeding anyone, getting one ready or making anyone happy it's just about me. Initially my goal was about making over my outside but in the last month I've been doing a lot more work on my inside. During cardio I spend less time thinking about time and reps and more about life, love, food, health and my monkeys. Last night I went to my first yoga class. Wasn't sure what to expect but I read that many thin, toned women attribute their overall tight bodies to yoga so I thought I'd see what it was all about. Boy am I glad I did! I was seriously won over by the discipline it takes and the stretching and the deep breathing and relaxing one's mind. I thought from all the pictures I've seen and articles I'd read it was just about posing, but it's so much more... it's about clearing your mind and loving yourself. I have to say I LOVE IT and can't wait to go back next week for more! I probably won't get a killer body like Gwyneth or J.Aniston but I hope to see a change in my strength and tone.

Off to a lunch of salad, grilled chicken and strawberries...

2 comments:

Gam0ra said...

Yoga is great for your health both physical and mental. I've really considered doing that myself, but I get most of that from kung fu already.

Phunmunky said...

But do you ever get strong enough to hold any poses? I felt like jello after about 60 seconds and I actually thought I was in decent enough shape to tackle yoga. How long have you been practicing Kung Fu. I have a friend who does Kung Fu in Colorado and he loves it!