Spice World

The pursuit of a perfect life...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Promise of a new day...





So I've recently gotten into this new mindset that I need to start taking better care of myself, i.e. eat better, work-out, sleep 8hrs and appreciate my blessings instead of worry about things I can't change. As with everyone it started out as a New Year's resolution to make a self improvement list and topping that list was taking off the 15lbs I've been carrying around since 2002.

Unfortunately it took me until February to actually do something on this list, so I signed myself up for a gym membership. Now I know what you are thinking... sign up for a membership, buy some cute work-out clothes and new tennies, go for a couple days and then quit. Well believe it or not I'm coming up on 4 months and I going strong. I'm feeling all the cliche' things.... stronger, more positive, fit and happier. So far I've only lost 5lbs but I have such a natural high working out and trying to get myself back into fighting shape.


So with the working out comes some other things on my list that I want to work on as well. I am making a promise to myself that while I'm working on the outside I'll work on making some changes on the inside.


So here's the first day of a new day.

No comments: